Monday, October 7, 2013

RETURNING WITH HONOR


Family, Friends, Cousins, 
Children of our wonderful God, ALOHAA!

Wasn't General Conference AMAZING!?! Is now the time to do missionary work or WHAT!? Ahh, I LOVED it! Every session I go into Conference with a question or two to be answered through the words of the Prophets, this time I had questions concerning my next step in life....hah, but every SINGLE talk I kept thinking, "Ooh, that would be perfect for Jo ei!" or, "I really hope Kalani was listening to this talk," or even, "Wow, that would be a perfect lesson for Kehaulani!" Maybe it's a sign that I should never go home and I should be a missionary in Hawaii FOREVER! Ah, oh how I wish, but I do know that missionary work will forever be embedded in my heart. How blessed we are to share the gospel, ".  . . for such a time as this" (Esther 4:14). Well, of course it wouldn't be a Sister Moyes Letter if I did not share our miracles!!
Miracle #1 
Pics with Jo Ei from conference

Jo Ei came to three sessions of General Conference!!! Jo Ei is seriously the most amazing person I have taught on my mission. She is truly the elect, and Heavenly Father has been preparing her in every single way! We have had many lessons with her since last week, and in every single one the spirit gets stronger and stronger. When she prayed with us a couple of lessons ago, she paused for a long time as tears began falling down her face, and continued to pray in gratitude for all that she has been able to learn. I have NEVER felt the spirit as strong as I have when teaching her. At our final appointment last night, I asked if she would share her testimony with me, and I cannot begin to tell you how much faith and love she has for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Sister Eaton and I LOVE her SOOOO much! I know that if it were not for her amazing fellowshippers and for her taking action by keeping commitments such as actually reading The Book of Mormon, praying, and going to church, she would not have the solid testimony that she does!
Conference Breakfast with the Zone
Miracle#2 
There were so many miracles this week, but honestly the miracles all were made possible through the Holy Ghost. What a blessing it is to have the gift of the Holy Ghost; especially as a missionary! There were so many times that people came into the Visitor Center this week that would not have had the gospel if it were not for the promptings of The Holy Ghost. There was one instance when I saw a woman filling out a guest card (the one that the guests mark if missionaries can come teach them) and then she began to walk out the doors back towards her tram bus to the PCC. I had the strongest feeling to offer to take the card now, instead of her giving it to the Sisters on her tram. She said "SURE! I'm actually not sure what to fill out, though." I then felt prompted to ask if there was anything she saw today at the VC she was interested in learning more about, and her tour guides (the Sisters) could stay in contact and teach her more. She then replied, "Oh, wow, yes, I definitely want to learn more about the temple!" She happily left her info to learn more.
Kalani and Ryan
Another instance happened when I was walking around the VC as tram tour guests searched around looking for something of their interest. I saw a man heading towards The Book of Mormon display. I went up to him and immediately asked him where he was visiting from! He told me, Iran! Wow, how cool was that!!! I then asked if he spoke another language when he responded with, "Yes, Persian!" I asked if he would like a copy of The Book of Mormon in Persian and his face just lit up . . .I ran to go get one before he could say no. As I handed this blessed book to him in his native tongue, he stood straighter, his eyes full of joy as he looked at me with a big bright smile and said quietly, "Thank you SO much for this!" The spirit was so strong, and I know that it touched his heart as I testified of this marvelous book. All of these miracles would not be possible without the guidance of the Holy Ghost. 

Zone picture
My awesome companion
I cannot believe this is my last post or letter home as a missionary in the Hawaii Honolulu Mission. But I want to conclude with this:

Alma 26:37 "Now my brethren (and sisters), we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen" (Italicized added by me). 
My Aloha Oe' at the Visitors Center

I want to declare to the world, I KNOW that this is God's church on the earth today!! It has been restored upon the face of the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith! It is only through this restored gospel that we can enjoy the blessings of the Priesthood including temple ordinances. I know that it is only through the temple and sealing ordinance that we can be with our loved ones forever! "This is my joy, and my great thanksgiving;" I know that this is the way to eternal happiness! I know that Jesus Christ lives, and loves us. He lived and set the perfect example for each and every one of us! I know that as we follow His example by being baptized by someone who holds the
Priesthood authority of God, we can truly be clean of all our sins, and be pure in the eyes of God! I know that there is no other way by which we can be saved, and there is no other way to find happiness in this life and the next! I love you all so much! I love the Lord, and I know that as we give Him EVERYTHING we have, then He will never lead us astray. Test it out, see if when you put God first he does not bless you! I can declare and testify as a representative of Jesus Christ that He will, because He loves EACH and EVERY one of you!No matter who you are, what you have done, where you have been, you are HIS. I know that I am not perfect, but the gospel or the Atonement allow us to change and to look forward with faith and hope knowing that we are divine children of God! He loves you!! I testify that all of these things are true. Love you all so much, and leave this my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Returning with Honor,
Sister Annie Moyes

No comments:

Post a Comment