Monday, June 11, 2012

A Week Full of Miracles

ALoha friends and family!!! Wow, so uhm, this week has pretty much been incredible! We have witnessed some amazing miracles all over the place here in the Visitor's Center.

Miracle #1: Thank you everyone who prayed for Sister Johnson. Looks like she was meant to be here on the Lord's errand! So, the doctors diagnosed her with an immunization disease...it has a really weird name; resulting in an inability to move the body, while suffering in extreme amounts of swelling and pain. This disease on average takes about 5-7 months to recover from. Sister Johnson is back in the VC after one week of being hospitalized, up and going, doing the work, as if nothing had ever happened. It has been such a testament of the miracles that our prayers and faith in Jesus Christ can bring. Pretty cool stuff. 

Miracle #2 We found two HUGEEEEE cockroches in our pad, and i'm still alive ;) Hahah. 

Miracle #3 Yesterday a girl walked in, who was just visiting Hawaii before school starts back up again. We taught her about the restoration of the gospel, about temples, and of course about the Book of Mormon. I explained to her that the Book of Mormon is so amazing because it can give us the strength and comfort we need, come any trial we will face in our lives. I explained that life is not easy, as she already knew, but that this book gives us the guidance and strength to overcome those trials as we put Christ as the center of our lives. For whatever reason I then said that reading this book can even help us with little things like boy problems!...haha, she grabbed the book and said, "I NEED TO READ THIS!" Haha, it was awesome. So we got her a copy, and she recorded her information so we can get those missionaries to her in California!

Miracle #4: I don't know if you would consider this a miracle, but I definitely do. So my companion and I went tracting on our area day, and we saw a lady out in her yard with her horse and dogs. So we started walking up her dirt driveway leading to her house, but she had walked inside. When we continued walking closer, the dogs started barking, so she had come back out asking if she could help us. We asked if we could share a message about Jesus Christ with her, and she just said no thank you, I'm Catholic (already seeing that we are missionaries), then started to head back inside.... Unnnntil, she saw that I was admiring her horse. Hah, because as we all know, i'm obsessed. She then kind of changed her attitude, and said, you can go ahead and pet him! You're more than welcome to come by any time and feed him apples and such! I was so happy. Not only am I definitely going to take her up on that offer, but I pray that as we continue to go back, that we will be able to talk to her more, and just get to know her. She seemed so sweet, and I think it would be really cool to simply become friends, and hopefully one day be able to share our testimonies of the gospel. Pretty AWESOMEEE!

I love the work that I get to do here. It is truly amazing. I wish I had time to share more miracles that I get to see and witness every day. I am meeting people from all over the world, and as I do, it is so cool to feel unity with them in the love of our Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ. I know that we are our Heavenly Father's children, and that He knows each of us individually. I know that if we are keeping his commandments, that the blessings are so worth the sacrifices we make to live those commandments. I know that we go through trials for a reason. Without sorrow, we have no knowledge of joy. I know that we show our faith in God through our works; our works of faith, of hope, of service, and gratitude. God's plan is a plan of happiness!! I love that. I KNOW that as we follow His path towards eternal glory, that we will see the blessings of that plan. I love you all so much, and pray for all of my friends and family daily. 




Thank you everyone for sending those e-mails! It means the world to me! If you did send me an email, if you could email back with your snail mail addresses so I can write you back, that would be awesome! 
Keep being great, and keep moving the work along!! Mahalo (Thank you and Goodbye ;) !!

No comments:

Post a Comment