Friday, September 7, 2012

"LIKE" THE HAWAII VISITORS CENTER on FACEBOOK : )

Talofa friends and family : )  
"LIKE" THE HAWAII VISITORS CENTER on FACEBOOK : )

As Sister Sekona and I have been fasting and praying, we have been able to see so many miracles in our area!! We've been so blessed. There will be times where we try all week to contact people, and they will randomly pop up wherever we might be, then agree to let us come teach them! We are still working on the 12 year-old girl in our Samoan ward, because of legal issues with the parents of letting us teach her, but I know that the Lord will provide a way; He always does. As for Baptisms, so far our zone has 15 with a baptismal date, and are reaching for 15 more before the end of the month!! It's gonna be crazy awesome. We have been trying to find investigators for a second and third baptism. Cool thing was, we got a call the other night from a student at BYU-H who said that her roommate is not a member, and really wants to meet with us. We cannot wait to teach her. Alika still has his date for the 15th of September, but still really need your prayers for him that he will be able to stick with this date!! 

Polynesian Culutural Center

The Visitor's Center has been slowing down a little bit, but still getting some amazing tours! This week has been crazy because of the amazing guests coming in!! My beautiful friend Kelsey Gates, who is leaving for her mission in a month came in to see me, Ashlyn Hewlett was on my tram tour, and some other friends who served in my ward in the Bishopric at BYU!!....oh shoot, I think I forgot to mention that uhm...oh RAVEN SYMONE came in as well!!! I pretty much made a fool out of myself, don't worry! My companion had/has no idea of who she is, so she was talking to her and her two guy friends, and I came and joined them and as soon as I looked at her face, got completely starstruck, and asked if she was Raven Symone??! She said she was, told us that they were in Hawaii because she and her friends just finished doing "Sister Act" on Broadway in NYC, and were just here to celebrate. Then she asked what the big white building outside was, so we took them on a tour teaching them about the temple and then about the Book of Mormon. It kinda seemed like she was ready to leave, so I asked if we could get a picture together. We told her we felt bad because she probably gets that all the time, but she was really sweet about it, so that was cool. 
RAVEN SYMONE in the center


The members of the Samoan ward are still welcoming us with their arms wide open; which has been really nice. It has been kind of hard these past few weeks, though because our ward mission leader has been in the hospital =/ So, they are always in our prayers as well. But, the best thing ever that happened was that the family who had not come to church in 20 years came to Church this Sunday!!!! It was so amazing. I could not even express how neat that was to see. The Lord truly blesses His children when we are ready to change and do His will. 

Sorry, I know this letter is probably lame, but the work is going so well. I've never been so tired in my life, and my English is getting TERRIBLE!! But, hey, all is well. Sister Sekona is probably the hardest worker I've ever met, and I am so grateful for her example. Even today on our P-day, she is still making phone calls, checking up on appointments...etc. She's amazing. This is the hardest most emotionally, spiritually, and physically exhausting thing I have done in my life, but finding the one, makes it so worth it. I know that I wouldn't be able to do this without Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. They are always there when we need help getting back up after we have fallen. This gospel is true. I KNOW it. And I am so blessed to share it with others every single day. May you all feel the love of God in your life as you look for all that He has blessed you with already :) I love you all so much, and hope everyone has an awesome weekend and hope everyone will 'like' the Hawaii Visitors' Center on Facebook!! 


Mahalo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment