Tuesday, January 29, 2013

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE

Family and Friends, ALOHAAA!!
I feel like it's been forever since I have written! Well, the transfer is coming to an end, with only this week to go, and the Lord continues to show His hand in this work. This week for me has been all about prayer. I don't know if I have ever prayed harder in my life with such faith in knowing those prayers would be answered. Well just as James direct, "ask, and ye shall receive," I have received many witnesses that God does hear and answer our prayers. Those witnesses came through the miracles I saw =)

Miracle #1: 
On Tuesday I had the blessing of going on exchanges with Sister Millett (Sister Trainer)! We seriously just saw miracle after miracle after miracle. During the morning shift at the VC it had been pretty slow, so we were excited to see what was in store in all that we had planned to do in her area! We were super bummed because one of their investigators with a baptismal date wasn't at home for his appointment, so we prayed to know what we should do next. We went to our back up plan to see a potential investigator! Unfortunately, she was not home either, but her grandmother was. She is pretty old and was trying to move out of her house, climbing up and down the stairs with these heavy boxes. Well Sister Millett and I jumped to the opportunity and convinced her to let us help! We were able to do so and then drive with her to where she was moving. When we got to the house, her son (the Potential Investigator's dad) was there to help us unload. After speaking with him we were able to leave with the PI's phone number so that we could contact her and set up an appointment. It was so simple, but it was a witness that as we pray for guidance, God will help us know where to go.

Miracle #2: 

Almost every single day this week we have been able to go to our dinner appointments! My whole entire mission, this has NEVER happened, haha.  When we have a tram (MWF) we don't finish until 7:30, which is usually too late for the families, and they will just drop off the dinner. For whatever reason, (prayer), the families have said that they would love to have us, even if their kids will already be in bed!! As we have the trust of the members of our ward we can work together to bring less-actives back to church and find more people to teach the gospel!!

Miracle #3: 
My favorite miracle of the week. Well, although we have a couple of potentials in our area, they've told us time after time that they are not interested. We are doing our best to get to know them if we are passing by and they are outside, but we have felt that at this stage this is what will be best. Needless to say, our Laie 8th ward has been busy more with visiting the less-actives. Anyway, the past week I had been praying so hard that I would be able to find someone to teach, so I can share this joy that I have! "Ask and ye shall receive." Yesterday, a man and a woman come walking in. I immediately greet them and get to know them. I ask which religion they are most familiar with (both Christian), and ask if they would like to listen to the narration that goes with the Christus statue. After we listened to it I asked how they felt as they heard the words of Christ. The woman said she felt so much peace. I asked both of them if they had any experiences where Christ has brought peace into their lives. Both shared stories with me. I testified that the peace they felt now, and during those times could be with them forever by following the example of Jesus Christ and being baptized by someone holding the Priesthood authority of God. The woman just took a deep breath, and said yeah, I want that. Bah, it was AWESOME! I told her that when we are baptized we can start over, start clean, be pure, and show Christ that we truly want to follow Him and take upon ourselves His name. "Is that something you want to feel for yourself?" She responds, "You have no idea." 

Often times on the mission I feel like my prayers are answered by Heavenly Father allowing me to be His instruments. I know that as we all pray for experiences to serve God, and serve our neighbors, that Heavenly Father will provide those for us. There is no better feeling that serving others! You can a love for them that could only be gained through knowing you are helping God's children come closer to Christ. I love this feeling, and I pray that I will always live worthy to have the Holy Ghost as my comforter, guide, and witness that this gospel is true. I know that as we humble ourselves to our knees and pray to our loving Father in Heaven, He will answer our prayers, and lead us to where He wants us to be. He wants us to be happy, and will always provide us experiences that will not only help us grow, but understand how much He has blessed our lives. I am so grateful for this gospel. I am so grateful to know that when I am sad, when I feel alone, or even when I feel happy, or grateful, I can pray and feel the presence of the Lord comforting me and lifting me up. He is there; trust in Him. I love you all, and love your prayers. I feel them, and I know that is through them I can be made strong! Have a wonderful week, and don't ever forget to pray =)

                                          Love always,
                                                                                                   Sister Moyes

No comments:

Post a Comment