Wednesday, June 5, 2013

TRANSFER NEWS

Family and Friends Talofa,

So this letter has to be super short because all day as been spent cleaning and packing! Another transfer has come, and we received news of it on Monday. My new companion is Sister Bradley from Okinawa, Japan! She lived there because her Dad is in the Military, so don't be too shocked that she isn't Japanese, haha. She came out two transfers after me, and we actually met through a mutual friend before the mission and wrote each other while I was in the MTC, so we're excited. I am being taken out of the Laie 9th Samoan Ward, sadly, but I know that I am to go where the Lord needs me. This time being in the Laie 3rd ward; the same ward I served in during my second transfer here. The area is seeing many MANY miracles, so I know that as Sister Bradley and I put forth our faith we will accomplish all that the Lord needs us to. Well, I only have time to share one miracle from this week, but it is AMAZING!
Our District
Miracle #1 
Sister Toleafoa and I have been praying and fasting for new investigators, and while we are on shift on Sunday, in came walking Sister Toleafoa's cousin (Sheryl) , with a non-member (her Sister-in-law)!!!!! Oh...and she just so happened to be in our ward! They decided that they wanted to watch the Testaments movie. We lead them into the theater and let them watch it. When there was about 15 minutes left, we jumped in and finished the film with the two of them. The spirit was SO strong afterwards as we testified of Jesus Christ and how much He loves us and knows us each individually. We explained that he wants us to follow Him because it will bring us true happiness in this life....then explaining that the best way to follow Jesus Christ is by following His example in being baptized, and that by doing so, she could feel the same peace and happiness that she said she was feeling during our tour. We asked her if she would prepare herself to be baptized by someone holding the Priesthood authority of God. .....she immediately said yes!! We then set a date for June 29th = ) Every single one of us were in tears as we promised her blessings as the spirit directed. We continued to walk around the temple with her and the four of us immediately clicked. It was as if we had all known each other for years. Sister Toleafoa and I taught her the Restoration on Monday, and then taught the Plan of Salvation today! She has the best questions, and has such a desire to know truth and to act upon the truth she is given. She said she loves reading the Book of Mormon because she feels that same peace as she reads it....it was a miracle, and it was only possible through Sheryl doing her duty as a member and sharing this wonderful gospel with those around her!

I know that all things are possible through the Lord. If we have enough faith, and have a willing heart to act upon the answers and tasks we are given by our Heavenly Father, then He will grant them unto us. I know that this is His work, and we are His hands. If we show Him we are worthy to teach His children then He will put opportunities in our way as missionaries to teach them. Keep praying for opportunities to share the gospel with those around you. We have this blessing and knowledge of eternal happiness with our Heavenly Father...I can't help but feel that I am being selfish if I do not open my mouth and share this blessing with others. I love being a missionary, and know that I can never go back to being anything else. Even though I will not have a black name tag with the name of Christ over my heart, I pray that I will always live worthy of taking His name upon myself. Thank you continually for all your prayers, I wish I could explain how much I love them and need them. You all are the best!

Alofa,


                                                                                                    Sister Moyes

No comments:

Post a Comment