Wednesday, June 26, 2013

THE WORK OF SALVATION

Family and friends, ALOHAAA!

How about that broadcast on Sunday!? If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it!!!
http://www.lds.org/training/wwlt/2013/hastening/special-broadcast?lang=eng#media= 
Not only was Hauula Ward skyped in, representing the Laie Hawaii Stake, but it is impossible not to feel the enthusiasm and significance of doing missionary work during these times; the latter-days!! We are so blessed to have so many resources of technology and revelations to bring about God's glorious work of salvation. I pray that all who watch it, member, non-member, less-active, whom ever you may be, will be able to feel the power of God spreading the earth. Last week the thought of going home in 3 1/2 months really scared me, but now, I cannot wait to continue this work and be a disciple wherever my life takes me! It's so exciting, is it not? The best part is...Na'ili watched it! She is going to be the best missionary ever through her shining example!

Miracle #1 
Na'ili was baptized!!!!!!!! Oh what a beautiful baptism. Everything was perfect, SO many of our ward members came to support her, and even some of her co-workers came! I had the privilege of speaking and with the companionship of Sister Spencer, played my uke as we sang "When I am baptized." Sister Bradley and I just love Na'ili so much! With some of her family still not as supportive as she would have liked, she pushed forward with faith. As she came up out the water walking up the stairs, tears start falling down our faces. She just looks at Sister Bradley and me and says,"I feel so warm right now!"
Which was crazy because the water was FREEZING! Immediately after she asked, "Wait! Is this normal?" Haha, we couldn't help but laugh and tell her that if she wasn't feeling that, THEN we would be worried. She continued to express how she felt so warm and peaceful, but that it was not like anything she had ever felt in her life. Before she got changed we said a little prayer with her and went back to the primary room to start our missionary presentation. The baptismal program continued when she came back into the room, and it was absolutely perfect. The next day on Sunday, she was confirmed as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and was blessed to receive the Holy Ghost. We had called her Monday night asking how everything was going, when she expressed to us how this feeling of peace has not left her since her confirmation. We reassured her that it was the Holy Ghost.  You could just hear the gratitude she had to Heavenly Father in her voice. She is such an example to me. Her unwavering faith has given me the desire to be steadfast and have complete confidence in God. I have not felt happier on my mission since I met her. SHE is going to be a GREAT member missionary!
Na'ili's daughter, Nadiya

Miracle #2 
So this is pretty cool---- Bah, I love my Father in Heaven SO much! Even when missionary work is about others, He still grants us those tender mercies to remind us how much He loves us, too.  At the Visitor Center we meet people from all over the world!  It has been my (in mission terms) "dying wish" to actually teach a family from Quebec,Canada where my parents served their missions. Sunday night a couple walks in... lo and behold, they were from Quebec!! I mentioned Jesus Christ probably twice at this point when they just turn around and leave. Hmm. I went back to the Christus Room to talk with Sister McDonough (Sister Bradley was on another tour).  I explained to her my dying wish of teaching a family from Quebec, and how I was so bummed that the one who just came in didn't want to talk to me.
The Arbuckle Family from Quebec
About 15 minutes later Sister Bradley and I were reunited. Sitting there waiting for someone to come in; we see a guy poke his head in and ask, "Are you showing any movies right now?" I told him that we were and asked him where he was from. He responds by saying, "Eh, well, we are from Quebec. We're members, but my sister-in-laws brought two non-members with them." Next thing we know he's out the door, haha. We sat there not sure what was going on. About 30 seconds later the whole family comes in with their non-member friends....ALL from Quebec, Canada. SO, naturally, we took the whole family and their friends on a tour!! It was AMAZING. The spirit was so strong, and I couldn't have been happier with how it went....the sad news is, they did not self-refer, BUT the happy news is, after the movie the family and friends continued to walk around. I could not stop smiling as I saw the girls' eyes fixed on The Book of Mormon that their friend was teaching them about. I may never know whether they will accept the gospel in years to come, but I know that they felt the spirit. I know that as their member friends continue to be that example, they will gain the desire to have the same joys that they have.

Being a missionary is so great, but knowing that we are all loved children of God is even better. May we decide now to be better missionaries than we were yesterday! Order some pass-along cards to leave on a table at the restaurant with a tip. Bring The Book of Mormon in your purse or bag. Wear a CTR ring for others to ask about. When someone asks what you did this weekend, share with them the inspirational lessons you learned at Church. Write your testimony or share Mormon messages on your facebook page. Make cookies for someone going through a hard time.
It is so easy to be a disciple, we just need to decide NOW that we want to be a part of The Work of Salvation. I know this gospel is true, and I know that without the help of members I would not have been able to find 90% of those I have taught on my mission. This is an exciting time to be living, and I can promise you that as you pray for opportunities to share the gospel, they will be put in your path. I love you all SO much! My heart is full of gratitude as I feel your prayers every day. 
"Shall we not go forth in such great a cause!" 
                                               ---Joseph Smith

Much Love,

Sister Moyes

No comments:

Post a Comment