Tuesday, March 19, 2013

*FA'AFETAI MOLE MEA AI = )

Family and Friends, Talofa!

O' a' mai oe! How are you doing?
I am in Honolulu, and it is so crazy how different it is here than in Maui or Laie! We live in the dead center of the city, and I have never seen such traffic in my life, haha. It makes getting to appointments real exciting ;) SO, my baby/greenie/trainee/companion, haha, is Sister Saena!!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE HER! She is Samoan, and is such a solid missionary!! I feel so blessed getting to be her trainer, because she has so many qualities that I know will not only bless me, but the work especially. Serving in the Samoan ward is a lot different than in Laie. Here, hardly anyone will speak English to you. Hah, yay!! So, Sister Saena and I have our missionary learning Samoan book out at every chance that we get! It's definitely hard, but I feel confident that if I at least learn to pray in Samoan and bare my testimony it should be okay. They just like knowing that at least your trying to learn the language! Sister Saena speaks Samoan, so she helps me a lot and does a lot of translating for me! Well, our area covers three zones, so it's crazy how much we have to drive, but we have already seen so many miracles!!
Miracle #1:
On our second day here we were able to commit three former investigators, from about two years ago, to baptism for the month of March!! We pray for them like crazy, and hope that we will be able to do everything it takes to help them gain a testimony of this gospel so that they can enter into the gate by baptism!
Miracle #2: 
Our investigator from last week who we committed to being baptized the day before I left was baptized!!! It was such an awesome baptism!! We all sang, their family with SIster Barnes and I, "When I am Baptized," while I played the Ukalele. It was such a powerful moment that will be hard to forget!
Unfortunately, the computer is about to kick me off, but know that I am doing well! I know that this is where I am supposed to be, and that the Lord has a lot in store for Sister Saena and I. When life ever goes where you didn't expect it to, don't forget to have faith to know that it will only bring you happiness if it is the Lord's will. I know this to be true, and I know that God has a plan of happiness for His children. I love sharing that message of joy every day!! I love you all, and hope you have a great week!!
Love,

Sister Moyes

PS  *Fa'afetai mole mea ai   means= thank you for the food = )


No comments:

Post a Comment