Tuesday, March 12, 2013

TALOFA LAVA!!!!!!!

Family and Friends Talofa!!!

We just received transfer news and I will be serving in the Samoan Moanalua 2nd ward in the Honolulu-West Zone!!! Not only that, but I will be training a brand new missionary!! It's been such a bittersweet couple of days. I have been so sad leaving Maui, and saying goodbye to the Lahaina first ward. They have truly become my Ohana, my family, but I know that I am on the Lord's errand and not my own.
On that note, my last week here in Lahaina has been so amazing! I could not have asked for a more miraculous week.
Miracle #1 
Oliver our investigator commited to being baptized tomorrow before I go home!!!! Whoot!! He is so amazing, and he is the last one in his family to be baptized. I cannot wait for the day that they will all be ready to be sealed together as a family for all eternity in the temple. 
His daughters will be speaking at the baptism, and I know it's going to be absolutely perfect.
Miracle #2 
Although our investigator Nick (the 16-year-old) was super bummed I won't be at his baptism, he was so amazing at church on Sunday. We got him a shirt, pants, and a tie for church and he looked SO good!!! We couldn't stop smiling. And when we got to church (from a ride with a member) with him, everyone was talking to him as if he had been their friend for years. Then Sister Barnes and I went to take pictures for my last Sunday, and when we're finished we walk back inside and find Nick passing out the programs to everyone walking in to the chapel!! We started tearing up so bad. It was such a tender mercy to see him progress so well into the gospel, and to have the ward fellowship him so well. I know he is in good hands.


After church I was "Aloha Oe'd" where the members bring lei's to put around your neck as a goodbye gift as they sing "Aloha Oe." I was bawling in front of the whole ward, and it was really hard, but it was a moment I will never forget. I will take the Aloha spirit with me every where I go for the rest of my life. I am so grateful to be serving here in Maui, and especially the Hawaii Honolulu Mission.
I feel so blessed every day  I walk outside and every time I am greeted with a smile from a stranger on the street. Everyone is so loving here, no matter who you are or where you come from, they love you. I know that as we truly love our neighbors we will be able to bring peace and happiness to others. Just as my favorite scripture says, "And it came to pass that there was no contention in the land because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people." 4 Nephi 1: 15. I know this to be true. I know that when we put our hearts and our trust in God we will be so much happier! I love you all, and pray for you continually. Until next week!

Love Always, 

Sister Moyes

No comments:

Post a Comment