Family and Friends, Aloha =)

Hmm. I don't even know what to say about this past week, and I know that my words will be insufficient in describing our miracles. We saw so many beautiful and miraculous things that every time I even think about it I tear up. I feel bad because my letter last week was super long, so I'll only emphasize stories that really had an impact on us, and hope that as you all read them, will feel the love and influence of the Lord in the work. 

Some quickies:
* The 16- year-old boy from our chat who is now meeting with the missionaries, we called him and he wasn't able to go to church on Sunday BUT, he said that the missionaries invited his whole family to go to church next Sunday, and they all agreed!! We are so happy! All because one boy wanted to find truth, and now His whole family's lives will be changed forever = )

* The ward mission leaders in the YSA  1st stake got together and decided to have a free car wash to allow the missionaries opportunities to give out copies of the Book of Mormon, lesson pamphlets, and Finding Happiness DVD's, etc. It was such a success. Not only did I get some sweet tan-lines, hah, but we received 2 member referrals, and then my awesome companion was able to get one self-referral = ) Definitely a success.

Other Miracles of the week:

Miracle #1:
It has been so crazy hearing all about the huge storm back east! We always pray for those who have been affected by it, and pray that they will feel comfort and peace through the gospel of Jesus Christ. But then we had a Tsunami here in Hawaii on Saturday night. Let me just say, it was a moment that I will never forget in my whole life. Our pads where we stay are up on the hill of the temple. At about 8 pm when Sister Gamba and I headed home from doing online work, we hear the Sirens going off. As we get closer to home, probably every car in Laie was driving up to the Temple Parking lot. Once the lot filled everyone was parking in the field in between the temple and our pads. I cannot even express how overwhelmed I felt at this time as we looked out seeing everyone gather to the temple during a time such as this. It was so beautiful seeing everyone together where we have been promised we will be safe; and I knew that we were. It was as if nothing was wrong. Everyone was with their families and singing hymns. I love this gospel. I know it is true, and I know that no matter what happens in this earthly life, if we always rely upon the Lord for help and strength, we will gain our reward in Heaven.

Miracle #2:
Sister's Conference
A spur of the moment event occurred yesterday! Sister Dalton found out that Sister Barbara Barrington Jones was in Hawaii, and asked if she would come talk to all the Sister Missionaries on the island here at the VC. She gladly said yes, and I am forever grateful. She has written six books about the worth of women, has trained many Miss America winners, goes all over the world as a motivational speaker, and she was AMAZING. It was exactly what every one of us Sisters needed to hear. She really helped us see how much potential we have as daughters of a perfect God. There was SO much more that she taught us, but will have to fill in the gaps in the future.

Miracle #3
We talked with a 19-year-old guy from NY on chat, prayed with him, and he said that he has never felt this kind of happiness in his whole entire life! He said he wanted to go to church and meet with the missionaries on Sunday....then the chat disconnected!! BAHHH, we were so sad, and didn't know what to do. It happens all the time, but just felt so good about this chat with him. The next day we get online to chat, and in our inbox we have a message forwarded from Salt Lake from HIM!...Saying that he was on mormon.org chat the night before with Sister Moyes and Sister Gamba, but he accidentally exited out of the chat, and was trying to find some way to get reconnected with us. We just started crying! Because we now had his e-mail address. We went to e-mail him back, but as we were doing that we got a chat. Out of the 20 other missionaries online that could have received this chat, it was sent to us...Lo and behold, it was him. We could not believe how perfect this was. We were all in amazement, and he told us he knew this was the path that he needed to be on; that this was all too perfect. Well, we had another amazing lesson with him, and then set up an appointment for the following day. When we get on, we were worried because he wasn't on. It was an hour and a half later that we get a notification for his chat!! He apologized a million times because he had fallen asleep right after work. We told him not to worry, and asked him what he did for work. He then. . . hesitant. . . explained that he wasn't sure if his job (a model for Abercrombie & Fitch) was against what the church stood for or not . Well, after teaching him about the standards of the church, we asked him what he felt like he should do. He then types, "well, I love my job! and, I love the people that I get to work with every day." We held our breaths. He then said, "but as for being a model...no. way." BAH, we could not believe our eyes!!! Just like that. Just like that, he said that he was done. He understood the worth of our bodies, and how the Lord wants us to portray the beauty that this divine gift is for us. He understood, and knew what he needed to do. He is truly amazing, and is such an example of what it means to be an example of the believers. He went to church on Sunday to meet with the missionaries; we're still waiting to hear how it went, but cannot wait to see the blessings that are in store for him!
Well, I'll end with my testimony. I know this gospel is the truth of God restored upon the earth today. I know that if we truly have the desire to find the truth, and to do what is right, then just as with the 19-year-old, God will provide a way. We have agency to choose and to act, and I know that if we choose to follow God and do His will, He will provide the way (1 Nephi 3:7 :  ". . . will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."). I love this gospel, and I love seeing our prayers answered every single day. This gospel has only brought me happiness and strength. "I know it, I love it, and I live it." Love you all so much, and I am praying every day for my friends and family back east. Don't forget that God is always there.


Love Always,

Sister Moyes